Monday, May 12, 2008

Motorcycle = Deathtrap

Please, don't ever buy a motorcycle! Don't ride a motorcycle. Don't accept a ride from a friend who rides one. If you own one, sell it. It doesn't matter if you are a safe driver; The cars around you are not, and they will be the one that both causes the crash and walks away from it safely. And if you are going to ride a motorcycle, please, please, at least wear a helmet. Seriously. If you don't, you will die. I already went on that 911 call this week- I don't want it to happen again to someone I know. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a great way to commit suicide. Don't be stupid.

"A motorcyclist is approximately 16 times more likely to die in a crash than an automobile occupant. Head injury is a leading cause of death in motorcycle crashes." http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-Safety/crash.htm

2 Thoughts:

*star said...

My mother works with people who wreck their brains after they wreck their motorcycles.

When I see people riding motorcycles down the freeway without a helmet, I always want to roll the window down and let them know how stupid they are being.

Russ said...

My childhood dreams inspired by Ralph, the Mouse on the Motorcycle, have just been shattered.